Dr. Marie Leslie
The small animal practice is now owned and operated by Marie Leslie-Schretzmann, who is also the founder and co-owner of Caring Hands Animal Hospital in Lake City, Fl. Dr. Leslie received her veterinary degree from the University of Florida in 1994. She also holds a Masters Degree from UF and a Bachelors Degree from the University of Illinois.
She is a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association, the American Association of Feline Practitioners and the Florida Veterinary Medical Association. Since graduating from vet school, she has been an associate veterinarian in Lake City, Jacksonville, Gainesville, and Trenton, Florida before coming full circle back to Lake City where she founded Caring Hands Animal Hospital in 2007.
She is a wife and mother of two children and has several cats and horses. In her spare time her hobbies include music, spiritual reading, and dressage.
Jennifer Hutchins, Practice Manager
Ashley Grubbs, Technician
Nique Holler, CSR
Shelby Fitzgerald, Tech Assistant
Rachel Houston, Technician
Christina Itterley, Technician
Melanie Bargamian, CSR
Yancey Cushman, Kennel Tech
Ashlee Marston, Technician
– that’s why we do our best to help keep them healthy and happy.
About Caring Hands Animal Hospital
We look at/evaluate the WHOLE pet. Because your pet is more than a limp or an itchy ear- (s)he is a member of your family.
- We look at your pet inside and out.
- We promote early detection diagnostics and disease screening.
- We promote dentistry for the health of your entire pet.
- We know that excellent nutrition is a fundamental component of whole health care.
- We view parasite control as necessary for the continued health and well-being of the entire family.
- We promote sensible vaccination as a cornerstone of contagious disease prevention.
- We see ourselves as advocates for environmental enrichment for pets., with the understanding that their needs are different from those of humans.
- We promote a pain -free life for pets knowing that there are “silent sufferers” all around us.